November 16, 2011

How do YOU find this film?


I have shown this film to my friends and asked their honest impressions of it. And here are some of their feedback!
*Their names are under an alias

Tom:
For me, films are a kind of entertainment after all, and so to be honest I don’t think this film has succeeded in attracting people. From the begging until the end, the plot is pretty monotonic and many things (explanations) are unwritten in the film, so the audience is required to “rebuild” the story themselves. I couldn’t really enjoy the film (because I simply prefer relaxing films seen without thinking), but I guess discussing about this film with other people after you watch it would be quite fun because there seems to be many different ways to interpret the story.

Bob:
So many times this film left me alone…just couldn't get reasons why they (the characters) are behaving so. Maybe that's because it is very difficult for me to feel empathy with them, but at the same time I can say that it’s only natural because the world they live and mine are supposed to be different, and so a way of thinking should be also very very different, shouldn't it?

Emma:
It is interesting to see how people who are apart from civilized society and accumulation of history are depicted. There is one scene where girls are catching fish and one of them says “Stop it, that’s enough”. This exactly matches my image of such people. What I mean here is that they appreciate nature and take from it just enough to live. On the other hand, very beginning of the film shows them shooting a dog for absolutely no reason, so here is a contradiction. Do they, or human beings under such situation, have a concept of living in harmony with nature? Or again attempt to dominate nature?


Well, how do YOU find “The End of August at the Hotel Ozone”?

No comments:

Post a Comment