November 12, 2011

My personal reflection

My views and thoughts on the movie Late August at the Hotel Ozone.

Late August at the Hotel Ozone is a movie about a band of 7 reckless ladies out in a apocalyptic world. This women have an enormous apatite and a hate for men. My reflection of this film is pretty good in this black and white drama it is filmed very will with minimal affects and cast. The scenes of animal cruelty is real and in a time where this could be done. My first thoughts were the ladies are looking for a man to re populate the world but that is not it. In the end when they finally find a man. They kill him for a gramophone! A very short film but also to the point and the subtitles are pretty dead on too. I watched this with a Czech friend and had him translate along the way and it is dead on.

No comments:

Post a Comment